Ladies, Girls’s Only Week-Ends are an essential part of our mental health and wellbeing.
No matter what age we are, we need female bonding experiences!
In October, my sisters, niece and I celebrated our 10th annual girls’ week-end in the Windy City, AKA Chicago; home of the best deep dish pizza, Garret’s amazing popcorn, the Magnificient Mile, Navy Pier, the Cubs, and so much more. My daughter lives there, and spending time with her made our visit extra-special!
If you’re planning an upcoming week-end for you and your girlfriends, Chicago is a wonderful place to do it.
When you’re there, here are some must-sees and must-dos:
- The Hancock signature lounge, located on the 95th floor of the Hancock Building. Be sure to visit the ladies’ restroom for one of the best views of the City (I kid you not – you gotta pee in this restroom).
- Garrett’s popcorn – there are several locations: Navy Pier, Randolph Street, Water Tower Place, Ontario and Michigan . . . yummy caramel and cheese popcorn worth every penny $$ you spend on it.
- Lou Malneti’s – for Chicago-style awesome deep dish pizza. My sis and I shared a salad with the most delicious vinaigrette dressing I’ve ever had. A corona beer and a square of Chicago pizza? I was in heaven.
- Macy’s on State Street, for 3 acres of shopping bliss. Check out some cool photos here.
- Willis Tower’s Sky Deck ledge, for a great photo opp! (Hope you’re not afraid of heights!)
- Chicago History museum on N. Clark – Take a walk through Chicago’s past.
- Chicago B.L.U.E.S.bar on N. Halsted – We didn’t have time to visit this bar on this recent visit, but I’ve been there in the past. It’s an unassuming place, but it offers some of the best blues you’ll ever hear, and showcases local artists.
- Maggiano’s Italian Restaurant – the Chef actually came out of his kitchen and helped my sister (who is lactose intolerant) choose a great menu item for her enjoyment.
Now if you and your girlfriends are tough cookies and can handle the brisk Chicago winter winds, you may want to visit around the upcoming holidays – shopping on the Magnificent Mile, ice skating at Millenium Park, free concerts, and Christkindlmarket – just to name some of the fun!