Recently, while aimlessly wandering around the internet, I stumbled upon the LifeGoesStrong website, which is actually a network of sites aimed at those of us in the 45-65 age group. A boomer goldmine!
I love finding sites I can relate to and that provide the kind of stuff I want to read!
Sections within this site include:
- TechGoesStrong – Provides personal tech experts for those of us who are un-techy. (Ok, that last word isn’t in the dictionary, I just made it up)
- StyleGoesStrong – Who doesn’t want to look good? The style experts help us do that, with fashion and beauty advice.
- FamilyGoesStrong – Baby boomers today may be raising kids, becoming grandparents, and taking care of their elders. The family experts share knowledge to help readers improve their family relationships.
- HealthGoesStrong – My personal favorite, because healthy aging and wellness are a couple of my top priorities. These experts can help with midlife questions readers may have, as well as provide information about diet, nutrition and exercise.
- HomeGoesStrong – Experts who talk about dining, entertainment, home improvement, home safety, pet safety, and much more.
- PlayGoesStrong – What do you do in your spare time? These experts talk about travel, hobbies, books, music, volunteering, heck, even what to watch on television! They help readers have fun and relax.
- WorkGoesStrong – Are you still doing the nine-to-five every day, like I am? (Retirement seems so. far. away.) Get career advice, find out how to cope in an office, get some ideas for a second career after retirement.
What I like about LifeGoesStrong:
- Clean and crisp homepage.
- Easy to read font
- Simple navigation through the site (though I did find it to be slow to change pages at times)
- The advertisements aren’t intrusive
- The “What We’re Reading” Links in each section
On the homepage you’ll find: The most current article links are shown at the top of the page; scroll down to see a section-by-section choice of articles. At the bottom of the page, even more choices of articles, with relevant photos to pique a reader’s interest.
My favorite articles so far:
- Betty White’s Lessons for Midlifers (What can I say? Betty White is my role model. Can you believe she’ll be 90 next year??)
- Change Your Life: Banishing Your Fears
- How To Live Forever (the movie)
- Oprah’s Final Flourish: A New Age Tent Meeting (Oprah from a man’s point of view)
- Is Technology Bad For You? (Yikes)
- The Secret To Being (and Having) a True Friend
Join the LifeGoesStrong online community to share comments, win free prizes, and sign up for newsletters geared to your interests.
Quote of the Day:
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly. (Buddha)Tweet