- Get your ZZZZ’s, girl – I was burning the candle at both ends in those days. Not really thinking that even 20 year olds need a good nights sleep!
- And by the way, drink milk more often than Coca-Cola – your body needs the calcium to help prevent bone loss later in life. Don’t like milk? Broccoli and almonds are just a couple of the non-dairy sources of calcium.
- Please cut out those tacos and burritos that you eat as midnight snacks! My cholesterol level was at 240 when I was 23, can you believe it? Sure, I had a family history of high cholesterol, but those trips to Taco Bell® sure didn’t help.
- Quit worrying so much about your hair, clothes, looks, mistakes, etc., etc., etc. Believe it or not, self-consciousness will wane as you get older and your self-confidence will grow. The best is yet to come.
- Oh, and if you want to maintain your friendships (and your social wellness) you might want to curb your desire to give your opinion on everything! It’s so easy to be judgmental when you’re twenty and know it all, isn’t it? As I got older, I realized it’s better to have long, strong friendships than it is to have the last word in every discussion. Friends are great for your health and wellness!
- Finally, twenty-year-old self, face your fears! Have the guts to go for it and do what you want to do with your life. Don’t let other people’s expectations steer your choices. If you do, you’ll regret it later.
Life is an awesome ride, Ms. Twenty. Just hold on and enjoy it!
Hey readers, what tips would you give your younger self about health and wellness? Tweet