Bea Boomer’s Vital Aging Project – Day 34 – 3/20/15
Bea’s Buzz for Friday:
Don’t know about you, but Bea gets tired of seeing bad news on television or on the Internet. She has a tendency to yell at politicians when she sees them on the tv screen, causing her blood pressure to rise dangerously. She gets angry when she sees people being victimized by thugs and scammers. She cries when she sees children getting killed by bullets being shot into their homes.
So this week, in honor of spring springing, she decided to look for some good news – and guess what? She found it.
From the AARP Bulletin (March 2015) – Great news relating to Bea’s previous post about protecting your vision:
- New technologies, such as telescopic implants, for macular degeneration. Contact lenses containing eye medication for glaucoma sufferers. Injection therapy to help those of us with the wet form of macular degeneration.
From the Good News Network:
- Speaking of vision (and reading) India has a braille newspaper for the blind.
- Some awesome teens: This young man helped an elderly gentleman shovel his snow. This teenager saved a woman’s life.
- You may have seen this one recently on Facebook: A young man with a hearing disability is pleasantly surprised in his neighborhood.
Inspiration from the Philly.com website:
- Centenarian Frieda Lefeber has her first solo art exhibition at Rosemont College in Pennsylvania. She started taking art courses there in her 70s, and published her autobiography at age 88! Read more about Ms. Lefeber and her philosophy about life in this article.
And hey, the official start to spring is simply great news! Life is good today.
©Bea Boomers Wellness 2009-2015